Tuesday, July 24, 2007

WEMF report

I took quite a few pictures at the WEMF, but this is the one I like most. One woman, dancing by herself, as an intellibeam sweeps by.

I arrived on Friday night, and checked in slowly, just like everybody else. They really needed separate lanes for those who had preregistered and those who were paying.

Highlights of that night included, Chris Liberator, Freaky Flow, Ladies Take Control, and most of all, Pendulum, who were great.

I didn't camp, and came back on Saturday. That night, I enjoyed Hatiras and Mix Master Mike most of all. I was too tired to stay late for MSTRKRFT.

A few other notes:

  • I was surprised I didn't feel too old. Older, but not oldest.
  • Most DJs are still using vinyl. I thought digital would have dominated. But of course a few laptops and cds were present. I think Mix Master Mike was using Serato and two 1200s, but I'm not sure.
  • Kids don't dress up the way they used to. There were a few freaks of course, but not as many as the old days.
  • I am too old for the hard dance arena. Everytime I walked by its building, it was either a jackhammer kickdrum, or an endless snare. Always above 150 bpm, of course.

All in all, a good festival.